We went for our first pediatrician visit last week (I'm a little slow with the updates). After 9 days, Peyton had returned to her birthweight - a whopping 5 lbs. The dr. said that developmentally she's doing great and recommended that we decrease by half the amount of caffeine she gets daily. He wants us to stop caffeine altogether this week and then in another week they'll check the information collected by the monitor to see if she can be taken off that. So far she's been doing great and we haven't had any problems (knock on wood!!).
On Friday we had to go back to the doctor because Peyton had some yellow "gunk" around her eyes and they were crusted shut when she woke up. The doctor said it's most likely a clogged duct but she took a sample of the stuff around her eyes in order to run some tests. Her eyes have cleared up over the weekend so I think she's ok. We will get the results of the tests tomorrow. Peyton had gained 5 ounces since her visit on Wednesday!!
At two weeks old Peyton is doing great!! Mom and dad are tired but extremely grateful that she's doing well.
Paris Sewers
11 years ago


1 comment:
She is beautiful!! Keep the pictures coming!! I can't stand it that I can't hold her!! Got to see ya'll soon!! Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!! :)Allison
Post a Comment