Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 21, 2008

Long time no see...

I know it's been a long time since I've posted any news. So much has been going on since the last post. Here are a few updates and some new pictures.
Christmas...
We had a great Christmas. We decided that we wanted to be at our house on Christmas morning. In years past we've spent about a week travelling across 2 states spending time with our families. While we absolutely LOVE spending that time together, we decided that we really wanted to spend Peyton's first Christmas at home together. We got up early on Christmas morning and Peyton opened her presents and Kyle and I exchanged our gifts. Then we spent the rest of the day just spending time together lounging around the house.

Attempted Christmas card pic

Bowhead!


She loves this jumper but her feet don't quite touch the floor yet!
4 months old....
Peyton is getting so big! At her 4 month check-up , she weighed in at over 12 lbs and was 23 inches. Since then we've really started feeding solid foods and I swear she's gained at least 2 lbs. Looking at her now it's so hard to imagine that she was only 5 lbs. at birth. She's changing so fast and is doing so much now. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when she's actually mobile!


NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
The day after LSU won the National Championship, Peyton wore her LSU polo-style onesie that Uncle Trent and Aunt Meghan gave her. One of her teachers asked me later if Peyton's dad played football at LSU...I told her no, but what a great complement!!



Other interesting stuff...
She's been sleeping through the night for a while now. She absolutely LOVES sleep...some nights she'll sleep for 10 hours or more. She gets this from her Daddy.

Speaking of him, Kyle has started back to school this semester. He's started working towards his masters degree. It's going to take a few years but he really wants to do it. I've started busy season, working longer hours on days that Kyle doesn't have class. The first day I had to work late I came home and Peyton was already asleep...I was so sad so I woke her up. I know that's probably mean, but I hadn't seen her all day and Kyle assured me that she was probably hungry anyway.

2 comments:

erin elizabeth said...

Yea! I love that you are posting again!

Anonymous said...

Is it possible that she gets more beautiful every time I see a picture of her! She's getting so big, I can't wait to see her Saturday! Don't feel guilty for waking her up, she probably needed a little "mommy" time anyway. I did that when Kayla was a baby. How exciting about Kyle going back to school.

Geri Lynn