Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 6, 2007

A little bit of good news

I went back to the doctor on Friday and had to have a non-stress test (NST) run on Peyton as well as some additional blood testing on me. The NST is basically just fetal monitors being connected for a while and tracking the baby's movement and heart rate (overly simplified explanation, I'm sure). That test went great. The bloodwork showed slightly elevated levels of uric acid, but the doctor let me go home for the weekend and ordered more rest. The good news is that by the time we left the hospital, after hours of laying in the bed on my left side, my blood pressure had returned to a normal 120/72.

I returned to the hospital today for the same tests and, although the blood work still showed elevated levels of uric acid, I have not gotten worse, which is very good. My initial blood pressure check was 114/72 (or something like that, I was just happy to hear a bottom number below 100) . The NST turned out great. When the doctor came in to see me he actually said that my face looked better, although I'm pretty sure he could have found a more tactful way of letting me know that my face was swollen last week and that it was cause for concern. He was relieved to see that I am doing better, although I can't return to life as normal. I am by no means "cured" though it seems that the bed rest is helping. So, it's back to the couch for me.

I will go back to the doctor on Thursday and update you then.

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers! I appreciate all of the phone calls, emails and posts.

5 comments:

Nathan said...

Glad to hear you are doing better! You'll continue to be in our thoughts.

Steve-n-Angela said...

So good to hear that things are looking better--the rest has paid off and will continue to! You will continue to be in my thought! Take care of yourself and little Peyton! miss you! Angela

Anonymous said...

So relieved to hear that your blood pressure has gone down to the "normal" range. We are praying for you all. We love you all!

James and Geri Lynn

erin elizabeth said...

I'm so excited that your doing better. Call me sometime when you are bored!

Jennifer Floyd said...

Great news!!! Can't wait for the update tomorrow!!