Well, after 7 months of a smooth pregnancy with problems limited to heartburn and being tired, here we are. Last Wednesday I woke up with a headache that wouldn't go away for long with Tylenol. In addition, on the way home from child-birth class Wednesday night, I realized that my head was THROBBING and my feet were huge. Not only were my feet huge but I could tell that my shins were also swollen. After little sleep Wednesday night, I still had a really bad headache. I decided it was time to call the doctor. He wanted me to come in to have my blood pressure checked, so I did. The doctor and I were both shocked. My BP was 158/96, which was SIGNIFICANTLY higher than my regular 120/80, and I had gained 7 pounds in one week. Needless to say, I was sent home, ordered to relax and no work until I had been back to see him.
I went back to see him on Monday and my BP was still too high for him to allow me to go back to work - indefinitely! Since the only way to really cure this problem is to deliver the baby, the doctor gave me a steroid shot on Monday and Tuesday to help develop Peyton's lungs. Since I'm only 33 weeks, her lungs are still not quite mature enough, although if necessary deliver would be possible. The steroid should help in the next couple of days to strengthen her lungs in case I can't make it to full-term.
So here I am...as Dr. Harrison says, a "lady of leisure," required to rest and do nothing at least 2 hours every morning and every afternoon. The rest of the time I am required to take it easy and don't get too worked up or do too much. And of course, no work!
Kyle is in his busiest time of year and struggling to take care of me as well as his job. Please keep us in your prayers. We really need for Peyton to stay in there for at least another 3 weeks if possible. I'll be going back to the doctor on Friday and will continue to see him twice a week from here on out.
Paris Sewers
11 years ago


4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that all of this is happening.. I am thinking of ALL of you! Miss you!!!!
You're in my prayers and keep us updated! I tired to call you.
We are praying that God would wrap His arms around the three of you. We know too well how scary this time can be. If you need anything at all, even just to vent, please call. We love all three of you!
James and Geri Lynn
Hang in there and get plenty of rest! We miss you but know that you are doing exactly what you need to be doing right now -- resting!! Keep us posted.
Post a Comment