Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What a day!

Today was the day I had been dreading since the day Peyton was born. I had to go back to work and Peyton started daycare. Leaving her there was every bit as hard as I expected it to be, but I think I held it together pretty good. I fought back tears as I walked out the door, led by Kyle. I'm glad he was there urging me towards the door or I think I would have just stayed all day. I managed to limit my phone calls checking on her and only once at lunch. Thankfully, I was able to stay occupied at work with my 285 emails to clean up. It was an extremely long day for all of us, I think, well at least for me it was.



what a hard day!!

It's hard to believe that 8 weeks have passed. Peyton is now weighing in at a hefty 10 lbs! She has her 2 month check up next week. Her apnea monitor was downloaded and read last week and we should get the results tomorrow, but honestly she hasn't had it on in a week. As her mother, I made the executive decision to take her off of it after the information was downloaded. It seemed ok since we haven't had a real alarm since she's been wearing the monitor. As far as I'm concerned, she's perfectly fine and shouldn't have been on the monitor to begin with.
Here are a few more pictures.

Soaking up the sun!

Emily and Hannah with Peyton

Hannah and Nana

3 comments:

Steve-n-Angela said...

I have to admit I always check your blog to see if you have posted new pics! She is so adorable and getting so big! Sorry that you had to go back to work I can only imagine how tough that was for you! She is precious!

erin elizabeth said...

Oh I haven't checked this week and look what I get! I missed out on a post! Well I'm glad you got through the first week! I've been thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

She gets more beautiful every time I see her! She's going to be so grown up by the next time I get to see her! I remember that first day back at work after I had Kayla. It is really hard, but sounds like you did well.

Love you all lots,
Geri Lynn