Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 29, 2008

Pregnancy update - 37 weeks tomorrow (full term)

I went to the doctor for my weekly appointment last Thursday and at that point I was dilated 3 centimeters...Dr. H didn't expect me to make it through the weekend, but here we are on Monday and I'm STILL PREGNANT!! I have another appointment on Thursday afternoon, which Dr. H assured me I wouldn't need. We'll see....I'm sure you've figured out by now that my Dr. is male, because a female doctor would never get an 8.5-month pregnant woman's hopes up like that. The good news is that I only have about another week to go since Dr. H doesn't want to let me go much further than 38 weeks due to my past problems with blood pressure. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow, which is considered full-term and when Peyton was born.

At our last ultrasound the week before last the baby was measuring about 6 lbs 10 oz (at 35 weeks, which is still a little big) give or take 13 oz. He should gain about a 1/2 lb per week from now on so he will most likely be about 7.5 - 8 lbs.

Anyway, since I DIDN'T go into labor this weekend, I spent the time getting ready for a new baby...cleaning house, organizing, picking up last minute essentials, etc and getting the all-important Dish upgrade to HD, which caused me to lose all of the recorded shows I was going to watch while on maternity leave. I was hoping that being on my feet all weekend would cause me to go in to labor. It obviously didn't work, but at least the house is in decent shape and we have excellent quality on our TV picture. I think I'll go for a walk tonight since the weather is so nice, maybe that will do something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyle and Melodie

Y'all call us when the baby is born. 3184451008 or 3186139578.


Brad and Patti

Melodie - your blog is great.

cecil and sheri said...

glad that all is going well and that you are doing well. please let us know when the new one decides to show. we are praying for you.